Become an Advocate
Are you a medical professional, survivor, family member or friend who has navigated the health care system on behalf of a brain injury survivor? Are you frustrated by the lack of services? Have you come up short when looking for resources? Do you want to increase awareness and create policy change? If you answered "yes" to these questions, you might be an ideal candidate to become a BIA-MA Advocate.
Advocates are representatives of the BIA-MA who will:
- Meet with their legislative representatives on behalf of individuals with brain injury.
- Will put a "face" on brain injury by sharing anecdotes and personal stories.
- Educate legislators and state agency administrators through testimony at public hearings, written comments, and phone calls.
- Get others involved in becoming an advocate – there is power in numbers.
- Share the results of your efforts with BIA-MA so we can better support and collaborate with you.
If you decide to get involved, BIA-MA will provide you with:
- Talking points on key issues
- Updates on key issues
- Information, fact sheets and materials
For more information on becoming an advocate, contact Kelly Buttiglieri, BIA-MA Advocacy Associate, at 508-475-0032 or email email@example.com.