Brains At Risk Program
About the Brains At Risk Victim Impact Panel Brains At Risk is an awareness and prevention program that was developed over twenty-five years ago by the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts (BIA-MA). Brains at Risk links dangerous driving behaviors to the devastating effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI). The curriculum combines video, graphics and group discussions to demonstrate the importance of choices made behind the wheel. The most impactful part of Brains At Risk is when the attendees get to hear the personal stories of those whose lives have been permanently affected by an impaired or reckless driver or underage drinking.
Information for Brains At Risk Attendees
What to Bring to the Program
- A $50 money order payable to BIA-MA. This is required in order to participate in the Brains At Risk program. No cash or personal checks will be accepted. Money orders are issued by banks, convenient stores and grocery stores.
- A photo ID is required along with the program paperwork.
- If you arrive LATE, you will not be admitted in for ANY reason.
- Anyone who has consumed alcohol or other substances prior to attending will not be admitted.
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, talking or texting is not permitted during the program.
- Please remove all hats, hoods and sunglasses while inside the program facility.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and any other electronic devices before entering the facility.
- Please use the restroom before the program. You will need to check in, pay, hear the presentation and fill out an anonymous evaluation.
- Arguments with BIA-MA staff over guidelines or ejections will be reported to probation/court and local police if needed.
- BIA-MA reserves the right to deny entry and/or to remove you from the course if these or any other guidelines not listed are not met without any refund. If you have any questions or concerns at anytime, call the Brains At Risk Office Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm at 508-475-0036.
- Please do not call the location hosting the program as they will not give out information or directions.
If you are unable to attend on the date and location assigned to you, accomodations will be considered based on availability if notified before (21 days) of your scheduled date. If not a $65.00 rescheduling fee will be imposed in addition to the seminar fee.
Rescheduling Missed Programs
If you have missed your scheduled date for the Brains At Risk Program please click on this link: Reschedule Your Brains at Risk Program
Read Brains At Risk FAQs - Click here
Information for Brains At Risk Court-Appointed Officials
Brains at Risk Referral Process
To make a referral, download and print the form below, fill it out, and fax it to 508-475-0039. Brains At Risk will provide the referred individual with the necessary information for the seminar within two weeks and notify the appropriate agency of program completion or failure within five days of the scheduled seminar. Download the Referral Form.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 508-475-0036 Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 4:00pm.