Thank you for your interest in employment with the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts. There are no opportunities at this time.
BAR PRESENTERS ARE NEEDED IN THE TOWNS OF WESTMINSTER, ACTON, SPRINGFIELD AND FALL RIVER
PROGRAM PRESENTERS NEEDED
The Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts (BIA-MA) is a not-for-profit organization that exists to educate the public about how to prevent brain injury and to support individuals and families that have experienced brain injury of any kind.
BIA-MA has a program presenter position opening for the Brains at Risk Department.
Brains At Risk is an effective education and awareness court-referral program that links the choices made behind the wheel to the devastating effects of traumatic brain injury. Created by the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts, Brains At Risk is designed to promote responsible driving and raise awareness of TBI in order to prevent fatalities and serious injury on Massachusetts roads.
Judges, district attorneys, clerk magistrates, probation officers, and defense attorneys throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts make referrals to the program and may require the program as a condition of probation or as an alternative to formal sentencing.
The curriculum combines video, graphics and group discussion to bring to light the choices made behind the wheel. The one session program includes:
- Facts & Causes of Brain Injury
- Alcohol & Drugs: How do they affect your driving skills?
- High Risk Driving Behaviors (speeding, aggressive driving, distracted driving, road rage, seat belt use)
- The impact of brain injury
- Personal testimony of brain injury survivors
- How our choices can prevent injury
- Setting up technology to conduct PowerPoint presentation
- Conducting a successful seminar clearly presenting the set curriculum and encouraging attendee participation.
- Forwarding presentation summary sheets and evaluations to main office in a timely manner
- Having reliable access to transportation (not all of the locations we serve are close to public transport).
- Willing to travel within designated areas.
- Willing to take on a commitment to present the programs
Experience & Skills:
- Public speaking or teaching experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, specifically PowerPoint
- Highly organized & responsible
- Flexible schedule
- Must have a passion for education, injury prevention, traffic safety and reducing injuries among new teen drivers in Massachusetts
INDIVIDUALS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A CORI CHECK.
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.