Become a BIA-MA Member - Celebrate 30 Years!
Individuals who become members by June 15, 2013 will be eligible for a drawing of a $100 gift card for Sunoco Gas or Starbucks. The winner will be contacted on July 1. Join or renew now for a chance to win!
As a member of BIAMA, you can play a valuable role. Now more than ever, we need your help to continue our work to support thousands of survivors and their families, to prevent brain injuries, and offer advocacy and education because brain injury is reaching epidemic proportions.
Every 18.5 seconds, someone in the U.S. has a brain injury. There are at least 5.3 million Americans currently living with a long-term or lifelong disability due to a brain injury.
By becoming a member of BIAMA, you will help us to help the next survivor, their family, or caregiver. Your membership will also sustain our programs to prevent brain injuries, advocate for increased funding for services, offer resources, and raise awareness – perhaps for someone you know or love. Your membership benefits supports:
- Three BIAMA offices: Westborough (main office) and two regional offices in Pittsfield and E. Wareham
- The Brain Injury Toll-Free Help Line, including a TTY line for the hearing-impaired
- Advocacy efforts to sustain and expand services for survivors
- Education and prevention programs for professionals and the public across the Commonwealth
- Social, recreational, educational, and support programs for survivors of brain injury and their care-givers, families, and loved ones
- Over three dozen statewide Support Groups
- Webcasts and an on-site library of current information on brain injury
In addition to helping BIA-MA help the next survivor, their family members or caregiver, you also receive a number of benefits including:
- A membership card with a personalized ID number
- Our quarterly newsletter, Heads Up Headlines that includes news, information, and helpful tips for survivors, families, caregivers, professionals and providers
- An electronic copy of THE Challenge, the magazine of the national organization - The Brain Injury Association of America
- Recognition in the quarterly newsletter and the Annual Report
- Professional and Chamption-Level members, with a current professional affiliation, will be listed on our Professional/ Corporate Membership web page. (BIA-MA's website has 632,000 hits annually and more than 23,000 unique visitors)
- Discount on registration for the annual state-wide conferences and workshops/trainings
- Scholarship eligibility for a limited number of survivors, caregivers and family members to attend conferences, workshops and trainings
- Informational updates and advocacy alerts via e-mail
- Invitations to programs and special, events, including the 30th Anniversary Awards Reception on October 9, 2013 in Boston
Membership dues are vital to support the work of BIA-MA including advocacy, education, prevention, and an information and resources "hotline" that offers personalized care conversations for survivors, caretakers and professionals. In addition, your membership fuels our public relations campaigns to educate survivors, families, caregivers and the public about brain injury.
Have questions or want to know more? Call us toll free at (800) 242-0030 or email email@example.com